Sunday, 9 March 2014

Interview: James Grey

What have you had published?
Loads and loads of magazine articles under my real name, but as James Grey I have only Hot Wet Touches has been properly (self)-published, although I’ve posted some free short stories (which are very different!) at http://www.lushstories.com/jamesgrey2205 too.
What genre(s) of book do you write?
Erotica, generally explicit stuff featuring group sex, voyeurism, bisexuals and submissive punishment…quite a variety!
What inspired you to write your first book?
I wrote a little story for my girlfriend, when we were long-distance. It basically started out as an e-mail serial. Anyway, she was in it…and enjoyed reading it. I loved writing it too, and since I was already a professional writer I thought I’d give the erotica a little more time and effort, and see where it took me!
How long did it take you to write “Hot Wet Touches”?
Around five hours.
What is the working title of your next book(s)?
Haven’t thought that far but I think it will be an anthology of all the short stories I’m working on.
When and why did you begin writing?
I suppose I started at around eight. I was a keen reader and loved writing anything and everything – I used to sell handwritten newspapers to my classmates.
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?
I self-publish on Amazon under the Firefly name.

What part of writing books do you find the hardest?
Since we’re talking erotica, I’m tempted to make a naughty answer to that question! But seriously, the only tricky part for me is finding the time. My vivid imagination always gives me plenty to write once I get started.
What do you do in your spare time?
Watch and play sports.
Who is your favourite author?
Alain de Botton. But in erotica I would say Samantha Austen.
What’s your favourite genre to read?
I like autobiographies, because they often teach me things I can apply to my own life.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
There’s no easy road to success even if you are great at what you do: be prepared to work plenty hard at marketing!

No comments:

Post a Comment