Saturday 1 November 2014

Casey Adams - Letter #1

Dear Readers ... Reader ... Dad

For the next month (all 30 days of it), you have to put up with listening to me (well you don't have to, you could just stay away from this page, but if you want to look at this page, then you have to put up with me). 

Let's backtrack a few steps. My name is Casey Adams, I'm fourteen years old, and my life has well and truly gone down the pooper. My parents are alright - as alright as parents get anyway. My mum works a lot, and my dad thinks he's the funniest person in the world, although even the dog runs away when he starts off on one of his, oh so not funny, jokes. I'm just starting year ten at school - time for the hard work to begin, dreaded GCSEs (that's O-levels for all you old folk) - but that's not even the worst bit. Back to school means putting up with all the losers I left behind at the start of the summer. I mean, every school has the odd idiot around, but my school seems to be full of them. And then there are the bullies. 

The only up point about my life is my friends. There's Ellie (the ginger one) and Poppy and Lily (the twins). Ellie spent most of the summer with her cousins, and I've barely seen the twins in between their fancy trips across the world. We went to Devon - it was nice, but not as nice as Australia or New Zealand would've been. It'll be nice to catch up with them all again.

So, why have I appeared now? Well, isn't it obvious? It's November. Time for NaNoWriMo. My story is finally about to begin. By the end of this month, my author will have written a whole 50,000 words about me in the form of a diary. 50,000 words is a lot! All I ask is that I get a boyfriend somewhere in all of that. *Sigh* There's no harm in dreaming, is there? She's even made a fantastic cover for my diary - but more on that another day. 

That's enough rambling for now. I'll be back tomorrow.

Casey ^

No comments:

Post a Comment