Sunday 10 August 2014

Review: "Food Run" by Cindy Santos

This short story took me less than half an hour to read. I think the price is a bit steep for a 28 page story. However, it was well written and flows well. Cindy Santos had obviously put a lot of thought, time and research into this story.

The plot is simple, but I think it works. Being eighteen and British, I found it incredibly hard to relate to any of the story – I think people who can relate to the story will enjoy it a lot more than I did.

The story is told from a mum’s point of view. There is very little dialogue but the author let’s us into the character’s head – very effective.

I’m giving this book 3 out of 5 stars because, with the right reader, I think it could be a very enjoyable short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment