Tuesday 1 January 2013

Review: "The Art of My Life" by Ann Lee Miller


“The Art of My Life” is the second book I have read by Ann Lee Miller. I give this book four stars (the same as I gave “Avra’s God”) although, personally I preferred “Avra’s God,” I don’t think this book deserves anything less than four stars.

“The Art of My Life” tells the tale of Cal and Ali who to begin with are clearly very different people. The book begins with Cal leaving jail. He’s given a chance to ‘restart’ life but will it be different the second time around?

The story line of this book is like that of pretty much every other chick-lit/romance book. Guy likes girl but can he win her heart? Although the story line is good I just couldn’t connect to it. From what I can see both Cal and Ali liked each other from the start and I found the story line a bit ‘flat,’ but that’s just me.

Ann Lee Miller has a good writing style that flows well and makes you want to know what’s going to happen next without dragging it out too much. There are minimal typing/proof-reading errors which makes this an easy read. A good book for any teenager/young adult who enjoys romance.

(4/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment