Wednesday 2 January 2013

Review: "Love on the Rocks" by Kara Leigh Miller


When I picked up this book I didn’t intend to read it all in one sitting but I couldn’t put it down. Kara’s writing flows well which makes this book an easy read. I liked everything about this book, from the setting to the storyline to the characters and writing style.

Kara wrote the story in first person from the point of view of the two main characters, Meghan and Jeff. The point of view switched between chapters and to begin with I kept getting confused about whose view the story was coming from but after a few chapters I got used to it.

The story is set on the Aurora Island Resort where Meghan’s best friend, Ashleigh, is getting married. Jeff is Ashleigh’s brother and as much as Meghan tries to ignore him and just enjoy her vacation that’s not always an easy thing to do. The characters are both believable and loveable and the story contains just the right amount of erotic content. I look forward to reading more of Kara’s writing and I would highly recommend this book to both men and women.

(5/5 Stars)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a great review, Katie! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book =) I will definitely be contacting you again to review in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read.

    Happy New Year, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara: thank you for letting me review it and I look forward to your future writing.

    Patsy: It was a fantastic read. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete