Saturday 13 April 2013

Review: "The Cliff" by Christie A. C. Gucker


I enjoyed this book by Christie A. C. Gucker and would definitely read more of this authors work. Each chapter ends with a sort of cliff hanger which rolls one chapter into the next and makes it impossible to put the book down.

There are many great ideas in this novel, maybe a few too many. I felt like the story was a bit pieced together and that one idea didn’t flow as smoothly into the next idea as I would have liked. Although the story itself was quite good I felt that the writing wasn’t as good as it could have been. It was an easy read but the writing didn’t flow too well and I felt that the story could’ve easily been written in half the amount of words because it was repetitive and a lot of the scenes were drawn out more than was necessary.

I found the characters easy to relate to and enjoyed reading about the lives of Lanie and Grant. Although most of the story line was rather predictable there were some unexpected turns which added a kick to the story. I believe that Christie A. C. Gucker has great potential as a writer and I would like to check out some of her other work.

(3.5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment