Monday 10 February 2014

Interview: Darcy Daniel


What have you had published?

“Playing the Part” and “The Devils’ Cradle”.

What genre(s) of book do you write?

Contemporary romance and thrillers.

What inspired you to write your first book?

A scary event that happened to my mother when I was only about 10. I’ve never forgotten it and used it as a germ of an idea for a story.

How long did it take you to write “Playing the Part”?

About 6 months.

What is the working title of your next book(s)?

Dreaming of You (definitely a working title).

When and why did you begin writing?

I’ve always been an avid reader and did well in English classes at school, so it just seemed to come naturally to me. I started to become serious about it just after my son was born.

Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?

“Playing the Part” was published traditionally, but I decided to give self-publishing a try with “The Devils’ Cradle”.

What part of writing books do you find the hardest?

Marketing! The writing part is much easier.

What do you do in your spare time?

I work full time and write in between, so I rarely have spare time. I guess the only break I get is when I actually go away for a holiday.

Who is your favourite author?

Dean Koontz is my all-time favourite.

What’s your favourite genre to read?

Thrillers with some romance.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Just write what you yourself would like to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment