Sunday 6 July 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 6

Average Words Per Day
1,613
Your Average Per Day
1,013
Words Written Today
222
Target Word Count
50,000
Total Words Written
6,082
Words Remaining
43,918
Words Per Day To Finish On Time
1,690

3595 words behind schedule. Oh dear! Today's stats are so bad, I don't even want to show them to you. I hope everyone else participating in this times Camp NaNoWriMo is doing better than me (though 6 out of 12 people in my camp haven't written a thing). 

On the other hand, my room looks lovely and tidy. Tomorrow is the day for writing. I will NOT let this thing beat me. 

As promised yesterday, below is an extract from Chapter Three of POISONED BLUE. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Extract

After spending five minutes watching Jamie trying to assemble the base for the white board to stand on, Carl said, “the post mortem results came in while you were out.”
She looked furious. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner.”
“You were…busy.”
“What does it say?” she dropped the poles on the floor and walked over to Carl’s desk.
“Arsenic trioxide poisoning. They aren’t certain on the time of death but it was sometime Saturday morning.”
“So it was in the drink?”
“No. The glass showed no signs of poisoning.”
“What?” Jamie leaned over his shoulder to read the information for herself. “But arsenic trioxide is most fatal when consumed through food or drink. We didn’t find any other glasses.”
“And there was nothing in her stomach.”
“But that doesn’t make sense.”
Danny laughed. “I don’t think this is going to be a straight forward case.”

“There’s one other thing,” Carl said, “she was pregnant…with twins.”

* Please note this is a first draft and this extract may or may not change/be included in the final version *

No comments:

Post a Comment