Sunday 10 February 2013

Review: “Black Rose, An Erotic Novella: Episode One” by Jane Aire


Black Rose, An Erotic Novella: Episode OneI like a book with a good plot that flows easily and keeps you hooked right to the end and for me this book doesn’t do that. The first half of the book moves slowly and several times I thought about putting it down. It wasn’t until the middle of the book that things started to heat up a bit. Some people may like this type of book but I definitely did not. If you want to write this type of book then fine but I would not have chosen to read it if I knew what it contained. The blurb of this book needs to be edited to make sure that readers are aware of the extreme use of BDSM in this book because at some times it is truly frightening.

I also didn’t like the accents in this book, although that’s just my opinion and I’m sure they wouldn’t bother many people, I found them distracting. My focus was mainly on trying to read and understand the accents used rather than what was happening in the book although by halfway through I’d got used to this.

I felt a slight connection to the characters but not as much as I’d have hoped for. I felt sympathy for Chris, I felt Christina’s pain and I quickly formed a disliking of Ty but I felt that the connection between the reader and the characters could’ve been a lot stronger.

I feel that I’ve been very harsh in this review so I’d like to end it on a good note. Jane Aire has great potential. Her descriptive writing is fantastic so much so that you feel as if you are in the situations, seeing things for yourself, and her punctuation is up to scratch. You can tell that this book has been heavily proofread and edited to remove all errors. I would not read this book again but I’m sure that many would enjoy it.

(2/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment