Monday 11 February 2013

Review: "Charlie and Pearl" by Tammy Robinson

I read this book in one sitting which is unusual for me. It was three o’clock in the morning when I put this book down and realised what the time was. The story is told from both Charlie and Pearl’s viewpoint which helps you to relate to the characters and hooks you deeper into the story.

Not only can you relate to the characters but you can also relate to the plot. The plot line is quite simple and could easily happen in real life, it’s frightening how realistic this story is and it certainly makes you think about your own life. The story is fast paced and there is something happening all the time. Every word is there for a reason.

At points the story can be rather dark and serious but there’s also humour weaved into it (I particularly like the character of Pete who features at the beginning). This story flows well and is written well. I think there is something in this book for everyone.

I would recommend this book. Buy. Read. Enjoy. (Maybe cry a little.)

(5/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment