Friday 13 September 2013

Review: "The Santa Next Door" by Stephanie Cage

Excellent! My new favourite book.

When you review books for free you get a large variety of books. Some of them good, some of them not so good, and some which you eventually have to give up on. I often wonder why I review books for free, and it’s books like that give me reason to continue to do so.

Stephanie Cage is now one of my favourite authors. If you haven’t read this ladies writing then do so. I couldn’t find a single fault with this book which is why I’ve given it five stars. I’d give it 6/5 if I could.

So, what’s so amazing about this book? Firstly, the writing style. Stephanie’s writing flows in such a way that you are no longer reading a book, but you are in fact living the story. The writing is well proof-read so there are no distracting errors and the dialogue and thoughts of the characters are natural.

Secondly, the characters. In this novel Sue (the main character) and her four year old daughter, Trudi, are real people with thoughts and feelings. They aren’t just words on a page. They are characters which you can relate to and route for. Bryn, too, is a great character and throughout the novel you want to know what’s led him to be such a secretive person. Though most of all you want Sue and Bryn to give up fighting against love and enjoy what they could have together.


Finally, the plot. All I’m going to say is that it’s original, sweet and engrossing. I couldn’t put this book down. If you want to find out more then you’re going to have to buy the book. You won’t be disappointed.

(5/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment