Thursday 12 September 2013

Review: "Highfall" by Ani Alexander

Throughout this book I was unable to decide whether I liked it or not. I flipped between three stars and four stars and at the end of the book I still couldn’t decide so I’m going to settle for 3.5 stars.

I wasn’t overly keen on the writing style of this author. It was quite simple and there were a few typing errors and grammatical errors but nothing which made it unreadable.

The plot line was rather unusual, it’s not something I would usually read and if I’d read the blurb before accepting to review the book I probably wouldn’t have accepted it. This said, I didn’t find the plot too bad and the descriptions of drug use ect. are kept to a minimum which for me was definitely a bonus. The plot kept you on your feet. I often wondered what was going to happen next and at points I couldn’t quite believe what I was reading. The fact that this book is based on real life is worrying in itself.

I didn’t feel much of a connection to any of these characters. Out of all of them I felt most strongly about Annika, although, I never really cared about what happened to her and some of her actions caused me to lose any respect for her which I once had.

This may sound like a negative review, but it’s not. It was a good book and I would recommend it.

(3.5/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment