Sunday 8 September 2013

Review: "Death of a Waterfall" by Kara Leigh Miller

“Death of a Waterfall,” like all of Kara Leigh Miller’s books, is well written. The writing flows and it’s hard to put the book down as you can’t ever find a suitable stopping point.

I felt a connection to all of the characters. I felt hatred for Rob, sympathy for Teghan and I was constantly routing for Teghan and Donnie’s relationship to work out.

For me, the reason I only gave this book three stars was, because I didn’t like the plot. It just didn’t seem believable. Without spoiling the whole story I can’t expand on this point. The first hundred or so pages were great. You were introduced to the characters and instantly formed a strong connection to them. Then things started to happen and it just got a little crazy. At one point, when it got a bit grim, I asked myself ‘Why am I reading this?’ but I continued to read, because I liked the characters and I had to know what happened.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, to the right people. I don’t think this book would be everyone’s cup of tea, but if you want a well written book that hooks you to the core then this is the book for you.

Would I read the next book in the series? Definitely.


(3/5 Stars) 

No comments:

Post a Comment