Monday 24 December 2012

Review: "Forbidden Love" by Gilly Fraser


Many short stories can be lacking in many of the things every story needs. Many short stories don’t have a beginning, middle and end and the author often doesn’t have time to introduce the characters to the reader and because of this the whole story is rather ‘flat.’ Gilly Fraser does not have this problem.

I read the whole collection of stories in two days because once I started one I couldn’t tare myself away from it. I really enjoyed the first story “Slippery When Wet” but my favourite of the stories in this collection was “Forbidden Love.”

Gilly creates believable characters in all of these stories and puts them in fast paced, well thought out scenarios. I particularly like Gilly’s use of description and I hope she has more stories like this tucked up her sleeve. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes romance books.

(5/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment