Monday 26 November 2012

Interview: Shauna Hart


What have you had published?
I have had several books published with Whiskey Creek Press Torrid that are a part of the Club X series.  Those are:  The Pleasure of Sin, Den of Desire and Shadows of Ecstasy.  I also have a book titled Sins of the Past with New Concepts Publishing.
What genre(s) of book do you write?
I write all types of romance.  I also write young adult under Shauna Hall.
What inspired you to write your first book?
I’ve always wanted to write.  Even when I was in school, I would go from class to class and have people asking me for the next chapter.  Writing was definitely in my blood.
How long did it take you to write ‘The One Nighter?
It took about four months to write The One Nighter, mostly because I was in the process of writing Den of Desire at the same time.   I posted excerpts from The One Nighter on my blog, so if you were a follower you received the entire book in excerpts each week.  It was a way to pay back my fans!
What is the working title of your next book(s)?
The working title of my next book is Bonds of Blood.  It is a vampire erotic romance.  I am currently working on the sequel to Bonds of Blood right now.  I am also working on a short novella which will be erotic romance, but I don’t have a title for that yet.
When and why did you begin writing?
I began writing in second grade.  I would write little stories here and there.  As I got older, it progressed into writing full length books.   Finally, I decided to start submitting my work out.  It took me a few years to get published, but I was persistent and I kept learning my craft. 
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?
Normally, I go through a publisher.  However, The One Nighter is my first experience with self-publishing.  Although it was a lot of work, I liked having full control.
What part of writing books do you find the hardest?
I think the hardest part of writing for me right now is finding time.  I work a full time job and have two sons.  So, finding time to write is a struggle.  I usually try to write on my lunch break at work.
What do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I love to watch movies, play video games and of course read.  I also love to travel.  I have been overseas a couple of times which was amazing.
Who is your favourite author?
This is a hard one!  I adore Shayla Black.  I am also a big fan of Sylvia Day, Mackenzie McCade, Maya Banks and Cynthia Eden in erotic romance.  For regular romance, I would have to say J. R. Ward, Heather Graham, Lisa Jackson and Nora Roberts.
What’s your favourite genre to read?
It really depends on my mood.  I love erotic romance and romance (all categories).  I guess those two would be my first picks.  Then, I would have to say young adult.  As long as there is a romance involved, I am hooked.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
The best advice I could give any writer would be to keep writing and submitting.  The latter is difficult because it typically involves rejection.   I definitely had to face my fair share.  However, if you stick with it, you will get published.  Just believe in yourself and your writing. 
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I love to hear from fellow readers.  You can find me at www.shaunahart.com or on facebook and twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment